radio boise playlist for week of 8/21/06

Sometimes, thankfully, a pissy mood can be hard to maintain. Songs about contention, fear, righteous indignation and pain give way to a jazzy, funky, soulful desire to shake it down to the ground.

Hey, I can't tell me what to do...
...The muse must know best, so maybe it's best for all if I get out of it's way!

Over in yonder right-handled sidlebar there lies an 'email me' link for you to click with. Follow your thoughts and posit a query about the music, or feel free to venture a request for something you'd like to hear in an upcoming show.

My pleasure is to entertain & share.


TITLE / ARTIST / ALBUM (or source)


Piss & Moan Blues / The Gourds / dem's good beeble

Halving Me / Sensations / Listen To My Shapes

Answers Please / Luvin' Kind / Belfast Beat Maritime Blues

Don't Get Me Started / Rodney Crowell / The Outsider

Conservative Christian, Right-Wing Republican, Straight, White, American Males / Todd Snider / East Nashville Skyline

Talk Is Cheap / Van Morrison / Down The Road

Who Cares / Maggie & Suzzy Roche / Why The Long Face

On The Surface / Bettye LaVette / I've Got My Own Hell To Raise

Disposable Society / Esther Phillips / Groovy - Vol 4

Compared To What / mushroom v. bundy k. brown v. faust v. gary floyd / Compared To What

Hora Decubitus / Charles Mingus / Red Hot On Impulse

Hypocrite / Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra / Talkatif

Get Down Tonight / Stereo Total / Oh Ah!

Karate / The Emperors / Looking For My Baby !

I Get Lifted / George McCrae / Miami Sound

This Is The Me Me (Not The You You) / Richard 'Groove' Holmes And Brenda Jones / Flying Funk

Pot Likker / Preston Love / Preston Love's Omaha Bar-B-Q

Fattening Frogs For Snakes / Sonny Boy Williamson / The Essential Sonny Boy Williamson

I Don't Know What It Is But It Sure Is Funky / The Ripple / Living In The Streets

Everything I Do Gonna Be Funky / Claudia Lennear / Right On! Vol 3

Here Come The Girls / Ernie K-Doe / New Orleans Funk

Under Dog Back Street / Warren Lee / Pow City! Fabulous Shakers Soul Party

(I Got A) Stomach Ache / Junior Wells / Mo' Mod Jazz

Hercules / Aaron Neville / Best of Aaron Neville

Mustang / Donald Byrd / Early Bird: The Best Of The Jazz Soul Years

Donna Lee / Clark Terry / Serenade To A Bus Seat (1957.4.17)

There's Something On Your Mind (Part 1) / Baby Lloyd / The Best Of Loma Records: The Rise And Fall Of A 1960's Soul Label

Come on Home / The Horace Silver Quintet / Finger Poppin'

Olive Refractions / Johnny Griffin / The Little Giant